Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Get a Spine in '09"

Here is how I am going to “Get a Spine in ‘09”.  I am going to do a few things I have never done before….things that I might have been nervous to do in the past.  But I think it is a good year to break through some of those barriers.  So, here are my planned adventures:

Learn New Skills: I’m going to take at least two Community Education classes this year.  The plan now is to take ‘Beginning Hip Hop’ and ‘Archery’.  Thanks to Jenni for agreeing to go with me…I’d hate to try to learn hip hop without someone there to laugh at me…it would just be a waste of entertainment.

Go Skydiving:  I have ALWAYS wanted to go skydiving…and I’m going to do it this year.  I might have to do this one on my own….but I’m going to do it…probably this summer….I’m very excited!

Leave the Country:  That is right…I’m going to Canada!!  Despite the fact that been very near to the borders of the U.S. of A.  I’ve never ventured across.  But, I have my passport and I’m ready to really live on the edge…Victoria…here I come!

Complete a Sprint Triathlon:  I’ve been convinced to register for the Iron Woman Sprint Triathlon in May.  It’s my first, so I’m very excited for the whole thing...well, mostly.  Anyone who wants to join in on the fun….just let me know J!

Well, those are my big ones.  I did come really close to changing the theme to Michaelynn’s suggestion “Make him mine in ‘09” but…I have no ‘him’ and the whole thing seemed a little too predatory for my personality….but maybe I should become more predatory….hmmm….Maybe I should add something to my list… 

9 comments:

Michaelynn said...

Yes, you can totally change your whole personality and become more "predatory"! That's what New Years is all about, after all. Change. You could be a serious "man eater", Carla. You remember that "man eater" song?

"Oh-o here she comes,
watch out boy, she'll chew you up.
Oh-o here she comes,
shes'a Man eater."

Its you, lady. Look inside yourself .... deep inside. Be who you were meant to be...

Michaelynn said...

PS

OK, so there is no way that my last comment was really meant to be serious. You are just too lovely and praiseworthy and of good report to be predatory.

Love you! Your goals are inspiring!

Jeff said...

I feel good about all these spine filled activities. I also feel good about you becoming predatory if the need arises.

Robyn said...

I think that the Hip hop class sounds so fun. If I didn't think Jeff would be sad if I took a night class then I would so be there myself. Well, I might get a little behind in work and that might have something to do with it too, but I hope have a really good time, and don't forget that part of the fun is looking silly. I am so excited for you!

Elmer said...

Carla the hip hop master...I can totally see it. You should be on your way to auditioning for So You Think You Can Dance next year. Yeah!

Jessie said...

Can Jenni record one hip hop session for me? Your goals are awesome! You inspired me to be a little more braver on mine. Good Luck!

Cynthia said...

I loved all your ideas - They're great! It makes me think about mine - Skydiving does sound fun...If only I could convince myself that I'd be dry when I touched ground.

The Donigans said...

You go girl! Check out how ambitious you are.:) I'll be hip hoppin' this year too. It's been way too long since I've danced. Maybe we can get together and teach each other some moves.:) But that means you would have to see me......which for some reason seems to be a bit complicated .....Hmmmmmm.:)

David and Shayla said...

That was great. Your New Year adventures are totally more exciting than mine, which are not even worth mentioning. Skydiving is fun, but you have to go tandom your first time...my tandom instructor had the vocabulary of a sailor, but we landed safely...and I guess that's all that matters!