Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's St. Patrick's Day....And I'm Jealous


I thought that today would be a good day to list all the things I'm green about. So, here are things I'm jealous over:
  • Garages (someday!!!)
  • Closets (who builds a house without a closet that can fit a vacuum...I ask you!!)
  • People who don't sweat (Curse you Mary Ann!!)
  • People who effortlessly have flawless skin (Deep down I hate you all!)
  • Handsome, handy, and on hand husbands (I'm pretty sure mine is handsome and handy....just not on hand at the moment.)
  • Adorable children (most of the time...even the adorable ones are handfuls at times...I don't envy you parents all the time...but sometimes.)
  • People who retire at 35 (I'd be two years away....now I'm over 2 decades away, but who's counting?)
  • Athletic abilities (I really do try to be athletic...but it never feels truly natural...I'll blame it on my over sized feet.)
  • Cute little feet (All shoes look cute in a size 5...come to think of it....all clothes look cute in a size 5....but let's not go there.)
  • Natural beauty (What beauty I gain takes so much work!!!)
Well, that's a quick list. It's nice to occasionally admit there are a few things I'd prefer in life....no use denying it.

(However, I now feel the undeniable need to list some stuff I am overwhelmingly grateful for...notice nowhere on the previous list do I mention amazing friends, stupendous parents, loving and lovely sisters (and sister-in-law), handsome and handy brother (and brothers-in-law) adorable nieces and nephews, a fantastic job with incredible co-workers, a beautiful home to live in (that is quiet and all mine), good health, an infinite atonement, a wonderful ward and a great calling, Spring on the horizon,....wow, there is just so much!!)

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm jealous that you are so dang AMAZING!! I want to be like you when I grow up. And for the record, I do sweat. A little. :)

Robyn said...

I'm glad you let me know that you are not perfect. Sometimes I wonder.=)

Jeff said...

I do have a garage, but Robyn parks in it. I'm a husband, and Robyn has me. I'm not particularly handy though. Robyn says I'm handsome but it's debatable. So I guess Robyn has some things on the list.

I don't have any of the other things you're jealous of, but I have a little over 6 years to pull off retiring by 35. I'll let you know how that works out. :)